Nursing – Adult / Gerontology Primary Nurse Practitioner (Certificate)
College of Nursing
Post Doctoral Certificate
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||1st Summer Session||2nd Summer Session||11-week Summer Session|
|Graduate School||July 15th||December 15th||*||*||May 1st|
* Applications not considered for admission in this term
Admission Standards – Holds an earned Master of Science in Nursing and holds an earned Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) or Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Nursing.
Completion of Advanced Pathophysiology, Pharmacology, and Advanced Health Assessment within the last five (5) years
Current, unencumbered registered nurse license in North Carolina
If AGPCNP or FNP, current approval to practice
**This program does not have a Priority Deadline for this term.
- Completed application
- official transcripts, GPA of at least a 3.2 on a 4.0 scale on all graduate course work
- current unrestricted RN licensure
- Statement of Purpose (should contain personal career, educational and scholarship goals; identification of practice interests, leadership goals and match with program goals)
- 3 letters of recommendation (1 reference must be from a doctorally prepared nurse), resume
Contact the program director for specifics on requirements.
Students attending on F1 student visas not eligible; USCIS required course delivery mode not available.