Biomedical Sciences – Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Brody School of Medicine
Campus (Face to Face)
|Fall Semester||Spring Semester||1st Summer Session||2nd Summer Session||11-week Summer Session|
|Graduate School||May 15th||October 15th||*||*||*|
* Applications not considered for admission in this term
Applications received by the priority date will receive for full consideration of assistantship funding, tuition waivers, health insurance, and other incentives.
Applications will still be considered after the priority deadline but funding of assistantships, tuition, health insurance, and other incentives will be subject to remaining availability
These deadline dates are set by the university and reflect deadlines for Financial Aid to process the Stipend.
Students who are self-funded may be accepted up to 2 months prior to start of classes.
**This program does not have a Priority Deadline for this term.
- Completed application form
- Application fee
- Official transcripts for all colleges/universities attended
- One (1) letter of recommendation that indicate prior research experience
- Statement of Purpose/Intent
- CV, not more than 3 yrs out of date
International students must submit results of an English proficiency exam (TOEFL, IELTS, DuoLingo)
- Enzyme regulation, lipid utilization and nutritional effects in metabolic disease/diabetes
- Ion channel function, cell-cell signaling, and cell adhesion in diseased cells
- Smooth muscle contraction in diseased heart
- Altered gene expression in growth and disease
- mRNA and protein synthesis regulation in differentiating and stressed cells, cancers
(Additional information about concentrations can be found at the Departmental Web Site.)